The Five Pillars — Spiritual Depth
Central to what it means to be human is awe in the face of the mysterious.
St. Joseph's University is dedicated to providing an environment where values such as wonder, empathy, humility and gratitude are prized and allowed to flourish within the community. As part of the core curriculum, students are invited to explore the meaning of life and embrace their own spirituality through courses in not just religious studies, but in English, philosophy and history, as well.
- Mass is celebrated twice weekly.
- Our chapel is open at all times to students of all faiths.
- Faith-based campus organizations on campus include Brothers and Sisters in Christ (BASIC) and the Muslim Student Association (MSA).
- Our active Campus Ministry serves students of all faiths.
- Enroll in one of our religious studies classes and learn about religion in the context of society, history and culture.
Director of Campus Ministries on our Long Island Campus
"Faith is the ideal that nourishes our souls, grounds us in the world, and gives us hope for the future. Through the work of Campus Ministry at St. Joseph's University, it is our hope to instill within our students the importance of having a life of faith, regardless of their religious backgrounds or traditions, and to guide them as they continue to travel on their own spiritual journeys."