Visit the Long Island Campus
Visiting our beautiful lakefront campus located on Long Island in the village of Patchogue is a great way for you and your family to get to know the University and, more importantly, meet the people who make St. Joseph's a great place. We look forward to welcoming you to St. Joseph's University!
Tour the Long Island Campus
One of the most important components of the college search process is the campus visit. It is the best way to determine if a college or university is a good fit for you.
Taking a tour is a great opportunity for you to get a glimpse of campus life, as well as meet with a counselor and current students.
On the tour, you will visit:
- O’Connor Hall, our main academic building, which includes the Office of Admissions, our Registrar’s and Bursar’s service offices, the Muriel and Virginia Pless Center for Performing Arts, classrooms and labs, nursing program facilities, art studio and our Student Success Suite offices.
- The Callahan Library to check out its books, journals, DVDs, study rooms and a special curriculum collection relevant to teaching.
- The Business Technology Center, to explore its smart classrooms, computer labs, video conference room and a remote classroom shared with our Brooklyn Campus.
- Our Division III NCAA-regulation athletic and recreational facility, the John A. Danzi Athletic Center, which features a competition-sized swimming pool, fitness rooms, dance studio and a full-sized gym with an elevated track. Note: our Outdoor Field Complex, located less than a mile east on Sunrise Highway, is not part of our standard tours. However, requests can be made through our athletic program staff.
- Our new 33,200 square-foot Student Center, which includes a spacious Eagle’s Nest dining hall, student Life Suite, art gallery, interfaith space in addition to the Sisters of St. Joseph’s Chapel, Global Studies Office, conference rooms, offices for student clubs and organizations, Spirit Shop, multipurpose room, student veterans’ lounge, computer lab, gaming lounge and esports room, along with many other spaces for students to gather or just relax between classes.
Not able to make it to campus?
You can still get a taste of what life is like at our Long Island Campus with our virtual tour. Access the link to our virtual tour in the right-side margin (or scroll down near the bottom of the page if on a mobile device).
Meet with a Counselor
In-Person Meetings with a Counselor
Our counselors invite you to discuss the many opportunities our Long Island Campus can provide. Our experienced counselors will explain the admissions process, our certificate and degree programs, student life, financial aid, athletics, and all of the other avenues for academic and personal growth available at the University.
Select an option below to schedule a meeting with Admissions.
Virtual Meeting with a Financial Aid or an Admissions Counselor
Although we enjoy seeing you in person, we understand that sometimes a remote or virtual meeting is a better option for you.
If you require a virtual meeting with Admissions, use the links above. After selecting the date and time of your appointment, choose an alternate option in the drop down list for “How would you like to conduct this appointment?” or “appointment location.” You may also call the Office of Admissions to schedule an appointment.
If you require a virtual meeting with Financial Aid, please call the Office of Financial Aid at 631.687.2600.
Chat With a Student
If you would like to chat with one of our current students, please send an email to [email protected]. A student will respond back to you by email. However, if you would prefer a phone call or text message, please let us know what your preference is and what time between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, would be a good time to contact you.
We are happy to accommodate group tours of our campus for high schools and community organizations.
Traveling to Campus
Our Long Island Campus is best reached by car or train. Click here for directions to our campus.
Get to know the campus prior to your visit by viewing our campus map.