Long Island Security
St. Joseph's University, New York places great emphasis on the safety and security of our students, faculty, staff and visitors. The Department of Security is here to serve and protect our campus community. The following is a list of helpful services that the security team provides.
We provide the following services:
- Emergency Medical Services (always call 911 or 9+911 on a campus phone, then contact security)
- Report an incident, injury, illness, crime or dangerous situation
- Lost and can't find a class, event or person
- Uncomfortable, need an escort (we will walk you to and from any vehicle or building)
- Lost and found (Place your full name in your flash drives, computers and phones and on a paper in your books)
- Need a jump start
- Out of gas (you pay for the gas)
- Flat tire
- Stuck in the snow
- Locksmith services
- Investigations/CCTV review
- Patrols of the campus and Outdoor Field Complex
- Continuous coverage of the Mt. Carmel Lot
- Parking permits (permanent and temporary)
- Parking summons disputes
- Access to buildings
- VIP parking and escorts to events
- For more information on our Advisory Committee on Campus Security and Bias Crimes, click here.
School ID Cards: are the property of St. Joseph's University, N.Y. and is the official identification card of the University. Use of a card is governed by St. Joseph's University regulations. Cards are non-transferable and must be carried at all times while on University property. The card must be presented for use of the library and the Danzi Athletic Center and must be presented to University officials and security guards upon request. Unauthorized use of a card is prohibited. If the card is lost or stolen, report immediately to the Director of Security. A fee is charged for a replacement card. All college and library property tendered by a card must be surrendered upon demand. Any card must be surrendered to the Director of Security upon separation from the college.