Academics at our Long Island Campus
Our Long Island campus is easily accessible and minutes from the Village of Patchogue and Fire Island National Seashore. Our unique location affords our students with both academic and social opportunities within a vibrant community that is rich history and culture.
Rooted in the liberal arts tradition, St. Joseph's University offers students programs and services reflective of high impact practices in a student-centered environment, which stimulates intellectual and personal growth. Students engage in rigorous academic programs and are able to pursue pathways supported through experiential education and research projects both on and off campus.
Experience a strong liberal arts tradition in an atmosphere of intellectual rigor and scope. Explore contemporary ideas, moral values and career opportunities. Work with a community of scholars who urge you to grow, not only intellectually, but also as a whole person. The synthesis, of course, rests with the student. Welcome to St. Joseph's University.
Our Strong Academic Programs Include
- Undergraduate and graduate programs to prepare students for career opportunities upon graduation.
- Certificate programs and minors developed to enhance educational and career goals.
- Small classroom environment, which encourages student engagement with faculty and peers.
- Experiential education opportunities through service learning courses, internships and co-curricular programs and activities.
- Rigorous research opportunities and institute that serves as a forum to promote research initiatives throughout their college years and postgraduate studies.
- Both academic and co-curricular programs and activities that enhance civic responsibility and engagement.