The Transitions program was designed to help students navigate their journey into higher education by providing a supportive network and environment. It aims to provide individualized, effective and socially inclusive support services to students.
Are you a student who:
- Wants structure and support while navigating the transition into higher education?
- Is looking for a specialized program that will strengthen your social and academic skill development?
- Would prefer assistance in establishing coping strategies for academic success?
- Weekly group meetings to build core academic and social competencies
- Socialization activities to create a sense of community
- A focus on personal development in an academic and professional manner
- Individual tutoring
- Peer mentoring
- One-on-one support with a transition specialist
- Liaison between students and other University entities
How to apply:
Once admitted into St. Joseph’s University, New York, meet with the director, complete the application and complete an interview.
For more information, please contact Katie Blumenthal (director of the Office for Academic Tutoring, Development, and Accessibility Services) at 631.687.1426 or [email protected], or contact Victoria Ewart (transition specialist) at [email protected].