The Five Pillars — Intellectual Rigor
St. Joseph's University, New York promotes students to indulge their curiosities about the world, their commitment to truth and their expanding desire to deepen their understanding of ideas.
Our students demonstrate they value a life of the mind by their continued dedication to their studies and broader career goals.
In the classroom, students are pushed to the next level by their professors and peers, as they participate in debates and discussions about the content they are learning. Outside of the classroom, they take on competitive internships, attend conferences in their field, and participate in St. Joseph's many academic clubs and organizations.
- Our Honors Program encourages students to excel in the classroom and take pride in their intellectual abilities.
- The Annual Research Symposium gives students an outlet to show off their impressive studies to the University community.
- The study abroad program gives students the unique opportunity to expand their minds by learning in another country.
- Join one or more of the dozen academic clubs and organizations St. Joseph’s has to choose from.
- Our experiential learning opportunities allow students to grow with hands-on experiences.
- The Office of Career Preparation and Professional Development helps students build their resumes and land quality internships.
Reem Shaban ’19
"Pursuing a therapeutic recreation degree allowed me to learn the fundamentals of recreation, including how to utilize and implement recreation and the many ways activity-geared interventions address the needs of individuals with disabling conditions and illnesses. Therapeutic recreation is a beautiful career to pursue, focused on helping others gain back control on their lives and improving their quality of life. The recreation and leisure staff are phenomenal and guided me every step of the way. They supplied me with everything I need to succeed — and so much more!"