Graduate Management Studies Admissions Criteria
Applicants to the programs will possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with an 3.0 undergraduate GPA. Applicants will typically be required to be employed in a full-time position and have work experience involving supervision, program development, specialized training, considerable responsibility, and/or independent judgment*. Applicants may be required to complete prerequisite courses and will have the unique opportunity to do so online or on campus at a significantly reduced tuition rate. Applicants may also satisfy some of these requirements through a challenge exam, a waiver based on relevant prior professional experience, or a 1 credit component course that is delivered online.
* Work experience not required for the M.B.A. in Marketing. Current work experience in health care is required for the MBA in Health Care Management
Items to be Submitted with the Application
- An application accompanied by a non-refundable fee of $25
- One completed letter of reference. Reference can be from an academic source, or from a professional source (preferred).
- A current résumé which includes chronological dates of employment and descriptions of responsibilities
- A written statement of approximately 200 to 250 words that should address the following questions:
- Why are you seeking a graduate degree in your chosen major?
- What are your professional goals after graduation from St. Joseph's University?
Additional Items Needed for the Admissions Decision
- Official transcripts of all your undergraduate and graduate work (send directly to the Office of Admissions, Attention: Graduate Admissions, at your first opportunity)
- The admissions department will contact the applicant to arrange an interview if required.
- New York State requires all students born on or after January 1, 1957 to be immunized against measles, mumps and rubella. Proof of immunity must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Management Studies prior to enrollment. In addition, students must complete a Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination Response Form as required by New York State Public Health Law.
Students with Disabilities
If you are admitted to St. Joseph's University and you have a disability that requires special accommodations, please call 631.687.1245 for an appointment within two weeks after receiving your acceptance so that adequate provisions can be made for you.