Master of Social Work Admissions Criteria
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Equivalent of one year of experience in the field of human services/social work
Items to be Submitted with Application
- An application accompanied by a non-refundable fee of $25.
- Official Transcripts from all prior institutions and proof of bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who have observed/supervised you in professional settings.
- The admissions department will contact the applicant to arrange an appointment once the application is submitted.
- New York State requires all students born on or after January 1, 1957 to be immunized against measles, mumps and rubella. Proof of immunity must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Management Studies prior to enrollment. In addition, students must complete a Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination Response Form as required by New York State Public Health Law.
Students with Disabilities
If you are admitted to St. Joseph's University and you have a disability that requires special accommodations, please call 631.687.1426 for an appointment within two weeks after receiving your acceptance so that adequate provisions can be made for you.