Graduate Management Studies Admissions Requirements
For adults holding leadership positions in public service, private and nonprofit sectors, the M.B.A. in Marketing, Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), M.B.A. in Accounting. M.B.A. in Health Care Management, and M.S. in Management with concentrations in organizational management, health care management or human resources management, have the promotion of managerial effectiveness and the enhancement of human performance in organizations.
Applicants to the programs will possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. Qualified applicants have typically achieved at least 3.0 cumulative GPA in their undergraduate program and are employed in a full-time position, with work experience involving supervision, program development, specialized training, considerable responsibility, and/or independent judgment*. Applicants may be required to complete prerequisite courses and will have the unique opportunity to do so online or on campus at a significantly reduced tuition rate. Applicants may also satisfy some of these requirements through a challenge exam, a waiver based on relevant prior professional experience, or a 1 credit component course that is delivered online.
*Work experience is not required for the M.B.A. in Marketing. Current work experience in health care is required for the MBA in Health Care Management
Graduate Admissions Requirements
- An application accompanied by a non-refundable fee of $25 (Waived for St. Joseph's University Alumni)
- Two letters of recommendations (Waived for St. Joseph's University Alumni)
- Current résumé which includes chronological dates of employment and descriptions of responsibilities
- 250 word essay that addresses how management/leadership theory acquired at the undergraduate level has been subsequently applied to improve managerial effectiveness. If an undergraduate business degree was not obtained, the essay should describe and provide an example or examples of the management/leadership techniques used by the applicant to manage effectively.
- Official College Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.