Office of Student Involvement, Leadership and Intercultural Engagement
The Office of Student Involvement, Leadership and Intercultural Engagement supports the University's mission by fostering a campus community that educates and empowers a diverse student body through a variety of opportunities for dialogue, inquiry, service and growth.
This office plans and coordinates enriched extra-curricular and co-curricular activities and programs with students, faculty and staff. Some examples of the activities are Welcome Back BBQ, Club Fair, Fall Fest, Talent Show, Spring Fling and more. The office also designs empowering and educational leadership programs including SJC L.E.A.D., a Spring semester program that provides practical and real life information for college students.
The office guides and directs the Student Government Association (SGA), the Campus Activities Board (CAB), Sororities and Fraternities, approximately forty academic, cultural and service related student clubs and organizations in a campus environment that values diversity and inclusiveness.
Services and Programs
- Intercultural Engagement
- Student Government Association
- Campus Activities Board
- Clubs and Organizations
- Greek Life
- SJC L.E.A.D. (Student Leadership Experience)
- First Year Experience
- Produce and distribute College IDs for all students, faculty and staff. ID photos can be produced in person or via the MyPhoto option
- Centralized location for information about clubs and events on campus
- Planning of off-campus trips, social events, educational lectures and movie nights
- Establish educational partnerships between curricular and co-curricular areas
- Promote an appreciation for arts and culture
Hours and Contact Information
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Fridays: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturdays (Weekend College): 10 a.m.-2 p.m. (on occasion)
To contact the Office of Student Involvement, Leadership and Intercultural Engagement, you can either call 631.687.2602, email [email protected] or visit us on the second floor of O'Connor Hall, Student Hospitality Lounge Room 7.