Title IX Statement
Title IX Prohibits Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. §1681 et seq., is a comprehensive federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any federally funded education program or activity.
In compliance with Title IX, the Clery Act and the Campus SaVE Act, St. Joseph's University is committed to maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment for students, faculty and staff. The University will enforce policies prohibiting all forms of sex discrimination, including sexual misconduct in the form of sexual assault, sexual coercion, sexual exploitation, dating violence, domestic violence and stalking.
If you have been the victim or you know someone who has been the victim of sex discrimination, including sexual misconduct, sexual assault, sexual coercion, sexual exploitation, dating violence, domestic violence or stalking, you may contact the Title IX Coordinator or Deputy Coordinators listed below.
Title IX Coordinator for St. Joseph’s University
Executive Director of Human Resources
245 Clinton Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11205
Tuohy Hall, Suite 109
Deputy Title IX Coordinators
Assistant to the Director of Benefits Administration
155 W. Roe Boulevard, Patchogue, NY 11772
O’Connor Hall, Room E217
Director of Institutional Research
Great River, Room 110
Confidential Reporting Resources for Long Island
Dr. Tara Maddalena, Psy. D.
Director of Counseling & Wellness
319 W. Roe Boulevard, Patchogue NY 11772
All Counseling and Wellness Staff are Confidential Resources
All Campus Ministry Staff are Confidential Resources
Student Hospitality Lounge, Room 4
Off-Campus – 24/7 Confidential Hotline
- Crime Victims Center: 631.689.2672 or 24 Hour Line 631.332.9234
- National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs (dedicated to LGBTQ individuals) 212.714.1141
- New York State Domestic Violence Hotline: 800.942.6906
- New York State Office of Victim Services: 800.247.8035 or ovs.ny.gov
- New York State Police 24 Hour Hotline: 844.845.7269
- NYC Domestic Violence Hotline: 800.621.4673
- VIBS Rape 24 Hour Hotline: 631.360.3606
- VITP Violence Intervention and Treatment Program at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center: 718.906.3857