A degree in accounting from St. Joseph's University, New York will provide the knowledge and skills necessary for a variety of rewarding careers, including forensic accounting, public accounting, auditing, taxation, managerial and corporate accounting, financial planning, government and not-for-profit accounting, information technology and consulting.
In small classes, students learn from accounting faculty who possess extensive professional experience. They meet with full-time faculty each semester to schedule courses and to plan for internships, graduate studies and career success.
The Department of Accounting on our Long Island campus maintains a robust internship program whereby qualified students gain practical, professional experience while earning college credit. Students have completed internships at:
- National and regional CPA firms such as Deloitte LLP, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Sheehan and Company
- Corporations such as Arrow Electronics, Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc., and The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
- Governmental agencies such as the New York State Office of the Attorney General Medicaid Fraud Control Unit.
Many internships lead to part-time employment before graduation and full-time employment after graduation.
For those interested in becoming a certified public accountant (CPA), St. Joseph's University offers two options.
- Qualified candidates who are accepted into the graduate program may complete the licensure-qualifying five-year B.S./M.B.A. in Accounting.
- Students may complete the B.S. in Business Administration with a major in Accounting and then pursue St. Joseph's University's licensure-qualifying M.B.A. in Accounting.
Our accounting graduates may look forward to joining the many successful St. Joseph's University accounting alumni who hold prestigious positions at PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte LLP, Grant Thornton LLP and other public accounting firms, as well as in Fortune 500 companies and in local, state and federal governments.
Creating a schedule that fits into your busy life has never been easier. Regardless of your age, work schedule or other commitments, at St. Joseph’s, we offer flexible scheduling options — including evening classes — that can fit the busy lifestyle of any student.