Message to the Campus Community: Updated Campus Health and Safety Protocols
June 22, 2021
Last week, Governor Cuomo announced that most COVID-19 mandates for NYS would be lifted, because New Yorkers reached the 70 percent mark for being either partially or fully vaccinated against the virus. As such, St. Joseph’s College will be following the state’s lead and making numerous changes to its COVID-19 protocols and procedures.
Effective immediately, the following previously required mandates will be lifted at the College:
- Social distancing is no longer required at any SJC facility
- Masks are no longer required at SJC facilities for those who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that individuals who have not received the COVID-19 vaccination and/or who are only partially vaccinated will still be required to wear a mask indoors and in all common areas of any SJC facility. Additionally, individuals who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 may still choose to continue wearing a mask, if so desired.
- Offices, labs and classrooms can operate at full density
- There are no longer capacity limits for SJC sponsored events
- Health screenings, including temperature checks, are no longer required for anyone coming onto campus
- The daily health questionnaire will no longer need to be completed
- Dining facilities may resume normal capacity and hours of operation
- Gyms can operate without restrictions. However, masks must be worn by individuals who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19
The College reserves the right to re-implement any or all of these protocols should the public health situation warrant it any time in the future.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
While SJC has lifted most restrictions as stated above, please note that our daily cleaning protocols will remain in place and we will continue to maintain and provide hand sanitizer stations throughout our buildings, as well as disinfectant wipes in all classrooms, computer labs and common areas.
While the College is not currently requiring a broad mandate for the COVID-19 vaccination, we are strongly recommending that all individuals at the College get vaccinated against the virus before returning to campus. It is important to note that SJC is following the rules and regulations of our governing bodies, and our protocols are subject to change at any time should we be required to take additional action in the future. Furthermore, certain groups may be required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, should some of our affiliated groups require it as a condition of our partnering agreements.
The College will be scheduling several on-site vaccination clinics throughout the summer for individuals who still need and want to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Additional details to follow.
Lab Confirmed Positive Tests
Finally, SJC will continue to require individuals with lab confirmed positive COVID-19 tests who plan to be on campus or any of the SJC facilities to report those to the COVID Response Team by emailing [email protected].