August 22, 2023
Responsible for the overall performance and availability of the University’s network. Analyzes network; assesses University's current and future network needs. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of technical tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities
- Utilize a variety of analytical techniques to solve problems
- Monitor performance and availability of the network
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot all network systems including SANs, virtual infrastructure, server operating systems, switches, routers, firewalls and server hardware
- Manage installation of new network wiring and wiring vendors
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions and access rights. Assist other IT staff members in everyday tasks.
- Research, recommendation, evaluation and implementation of upgrades/changes or new solutions that improve the network environment and information security capabilities
- Create and maintain positive and professional business relationship with both internal associates and external business users
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong initiative and proven ability to work independently with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and participation in multiple projects while balancing business priorities with day to day tasks
- Highly motivated individual with passion for learning/sharing information from/with peers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally to both technical and non technical constituents
- Demonstrated history of continued/continuing education and/or certifications
- Familiarity with change management methodology
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as a system or network administrator is required.
- At least 3 years of experience of demonstrated expertise on at least some of the following technologies: Cisco IOS & NX-OS, Aruba OS CX, Aruba Networks Wireless Access Points, Aruba Clearpass, Aruba Networks Wireless LAN Controller equipment along with theories and concepts
- Knowledge in designing, supporting, and administering routers, switches, firewalls, VPN,
- including ability to troubleshoot complex topologies.
- Knowledge of and experience with at least some of the below:
- Network and routing protocols such as OSPF & BGP
- Active Directory, security policies, and server roles.
- Microsoft Server technologies: DNS/DHCP, DFS, server troubleshooting, ability
- to find and resolve server issues
- Familiarity with SIEM and EDR tools is a plus.
- VMware vSphere and SANs as well as public cloud (Azure, AWS) a plus.
- Current Aruba Networks, Cisco, VMware, WiFi or other technical & cybersecurity
- certifications are a plus.
- Higher education experience is desired but not necessary.
Education: Associate's degree required. Computer Science or related fields is preferred.
Application Process and Additional Information
This position is on-site and can be based on the St. Joseph’s University — Brooklyn Campus. Weekly travel to the other Long Island Campus may be required.
Salary Range: $80-$85K
Please send a cover letter, salary requirements and resume to [email protected].
It is the policy of St. Joseph's University not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, age, disability, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, military status, status as a protected veteran, marital status or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, New York State or New York City Law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, educational programs, admissions policies, financial aid, and all other school administered programs or policies.
The University also provides accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you need an accommodation during the application process or while employed, please contact Human Resources.
Your employment is contingent upon receipt of proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Please note that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requires that all U.S. employers complete and retain a current Form I-9 for each individual they hire for employment in the United States, verifying the employment eligibility and identity documents presented by the employee and recording the document information. You will be required to complete your portion of the document, with your documentation verifying your identity and eligibility to work, no later than your third day of employment.